Thursday, May 3, 2012

What to write on your Ceremony Programs

Really quick, I just wanted to pass along this info! Some of the first questions my brides have asked me when I first meet them is "What info goes on my ceremony program?" Below is the information I decided I wanted on my ceremony program:

What to write in my Ceremony Program
1. The cover page is simple. I included our names, date, location of the wedding and a monogram for decoration. But you can add as much as you want ( ie. name of the ceremony and reception venue)
2. I had limited space, but still managed to fit in my huge wedding party! If you have more space you can include your parents name (especially if they are paying for the wedding) flower girl, ring bearer etc!
3. Then to the Order of the Ceremony. This is really just bullet points of what goes on in the ceremony. Figure this out with your officiant or pastor. They should know exactly how the ceremony will proceed. Get the information and simply write it down in order. I also decided to write down the music being played during the Processional and Recessional (when you walk up and down the aisle). This part can differ from bride to bride a million ways! It's up to what you and your groom want.

Now, I had a non-religious wedding, so my program was fairly short and simple. But for brides with religious weddings, I believe talking it over with your pastor/clergy member is a MUST, there is so much more information needed in the program (hymns, readings, ritual descriptions). The ceremony program will be much more important because there will be guests completely unfamiliar to that type of ceremony and thus serve as a very informative tool as to what the rituals represent.

And for those of you organizing your own Ceremony Order (like me!) because you might be having a friend marry you (like me!) Here are a few helpful links for you to get started!
1. Legally Ordain your Friend You will find other helpful info about what to include in your ceremony order from the Universal Life Church, like including the "Declaration of Intent," which you MUST have for the ceremony to be legal.
2. A starting point for you on the individual events in the Ceremony Order
3. Examples on Vows and Ring vows from Martha Stewart

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment